I’m a horrible PR person. No, I am horrible at promoting myself. I take great pleasure in promoting others, but it makes me feel like a braggard to speak about myself and I believe actions speak decibels louder than words anyway. So, when I was recently notified that Lenny had been nominated for an award to be presented at the New York Pet Fashion Show this Friday, February 8, 2013, I was beside myself. What had the little pug been up to when I wasn’t around? Obviously, someone out there had deemed it award-worthy.
Lenny has been my north star pointing me in the direction of all that’s good and decent in the world for nearly eight years. He reminds me daily of what is truly important and keeps me honest to the nth degree. And while he won’t understand what he’s done to warrant an award, I will be the proudest mom around knowing that he has touched and inspired others as he has me.
Event organizers wouldn’t divulge what award Lenny will be receiving, so if you happen to be in NYC this weekend and think spending the evening with a room full of animal enthusiasts is an AWESOME way to spend a Friday night, we’d love you to join us! Surprises are good, right?
PRLog (Press Release) – Jan. 24, 2013 – We invite you to the Event of the Season and A Celebration Of Love for Animal Rescue, which features a Roaring 20’s theme and a superb evening. Bring your dog and don your Roaring 20’s outfit and enjoy three amazing runway fashion shows by renowned fashion designer & our Creative Director Ada Nieves, plus many other Top National Pet designers from across the country.
Come see the world’s most famous dog “Lassie” on the runway in commemoration of the 75th anniversary of Lassie in TV,books & film.
– (2) Animal Haven Shelter dogs walk the runway looking for “Forever Homes” after they’ve been made over by celebrity groomer Jorge Bendersky
– Also walking the runway are Shanna Olson – Ms California 2013
– Richard Pryor Jr.
– Justin Silver from the CBS “Dogs In The City”
– Nency Escamilla Ms. New York 2011 – Harrison Forbes celebrity pet expert and many more to come
This is an Animal Rescue Benefit for Animal Haven Shelter of NYC, and a portion of the proceeds will go to benefit this fine organization. www.AnimalHavenShelter.org
Some say that New York City is the Capital of the world. Whether it’s Media, Fashion, or Finance, one thing is certain — New York City is the Dog Capital of the world.
Cover the event, spread the word and “Help Save Animals Lives” Come see some adoptable Animal Haven Shelter dogs on the runway.
This event is being filmed for TV, and features three special runway shows:
* Roaring 20’s Best in Show Costume Contest”,
* 50 Shades Of Love Romantic Runway Show”, and our Special
* Gold Paw Sponsor Runway Show”.
Cocktails, Food, Music, and vendors selling some of the best and coolest pet products in the market today, and many more surprises.
Media:To cover the event please provide your complete contact information and we will place you on our VIP Media guest list
When: February 8th, 6PM-11PM www.nypetfashionshow.com
Where:The Hotel Pennsylvania-
Address: 401 Seventh Ave, 33rd St, New York, NY. 10001
Tickets:$35 In advance ($45 at the door)Come and Enjoy this Fabulous Event Featuring:* Roaring 20’s Best in Show Costume Contest- a few spots remain
* 50 Shades Of Love Romantic Runway Show
* Gold Paw Sponsor Runway Show
* Bring cash, Credit Cards, Checks to support Animal Haven Shelter and Vendors
* Human & Canine Celebrities!
* The legendary Lassie walking the runway
* Complimentary Food & Cash bar, Complimentary VIP Gift Bags